Shiatsu massage will support your healing journey by stimulating your own natural energy resources and inate body wisdom. Your session will be tailored to address your specific needs, both physical and energetic. I invite you to explore this ancient therapy and look forward to working with you.
Shiatsu comes from the Japanese word meaning “finger pressure”. A hands-on therapy used as a complement to conventional medicine and as a preventative, alternative therapy. Shiatsu accesses meridian points (also used in acupuncture) on the surface of the body to correct the imbalances of the body, and for maintaining and promoting health.
Shiatsu massage benefits may include:
- Restores and maintains the body’s energy, especially helpful to those suffering from fatigue and overall weakness
- Improves circulation
- Reduces stress and tension as well as anxiety and depression
- Promotes relief from headaches
- Stimulates healing from sprains and similar injuries
- Helps bring relief from arthritis
- Reduces problems with stiff neck and shoulders as well as backaches (including sciatica)
- Encourages healing of coughs, colds, and other sinus and respiratory problems
- Helps with insomnia
- Aids in treatment of digestive and bowel disorders
Please call me at 319-621-4603 to schedule your appointment.